Diploma in Biblical Studies
Graduation Credits 24 │ 1-4 years
can be completed by taking courses solely in the evening and Saturday
The Diploma in Biblical Studies program provides an introductory training in the biblical studies. After completion, the student will acquire:
- A foundational understanding of the Old Testament and the New Testament;
- An in-depth reading of different genres of biblical books in the Bible;
- A set of exegetical skills for reading the Bible.
- Six years of secondary school studies or equivalent; and
- Baptized Christian; and
- Applicants should have the interests, aptitudes, and personal qualities necessary for this program.
(Applicant who completed five years of secondary school studies may be admitted to the program with the requirement of taking an extra 18 credits, the additional credits may also be exempted by other recognized academic study or working experience.)
A Diploma in Biblical Studies holder can continue to study for the Associate of Christian Studies / Bachelor of Christian Studies / Bachelor of Theology programs at LTS and credits can be exempted.
(course credits in brackets)
i) Core Courses
OT1000 Introduction to the Old Testament (3)
NT1000 Introduction to the New Testament (3)
ii) Guided Electives
2 courses on OT (6)
2 courses on NT (6)
iii) Free Electives
2 courses (6)